The Essential Handbook to Weaving Resist-Dyed Cloth
Textile enthusiasts, the ultimate reference you've been waiting for is here--Ikat!
Ikat: The Essential Handbook to Weaving with Resists is your introduction to the fundamentals of a resurging trend in woven cloth. Award-winning weaver and instructor Mary Zicafoose has spent more than 30 years exploring the possibilities of ikat and now shares her wealth of knowledge with you. Dig into the pages of this handbook to discover:
• Historical background on ikat with gorgeous visual refernces.
• Instruction in warp, weft, and double ikat techniques, written and illustrated in clear sequential steps.
• Instructions to build ikat wrapping boards.
• An addendum on painted "faux" ikat using dye pastes and brushes.
• Acid and indigo dye system recipes and procedures.
• Compelling projects with detailed instruction taking you from undyed yarn to woven ikat cloth.
• A gallery of contemporary ikat created by a range of diversely talented dyers and weavers.
All this and more is waiting for you in Ikat: The Essential Handbook to Weaving with Resists.